- Chairperson, Jeff Faiella
- Eileen Absenger
- Tracey Armisto
- Jennifer Bakker
Please note that the first step in the land use approval process is to apply to the Building Department for a building permit at email@example.com. The Building Inspector will issue a referral if a land use approval is required from the Zoning Board or Planning Board.
The Village of Buchanan Planning Board is an administrative body which serves to ensure compatible land use within the Village. The Planning Board:
- Reviews and analyzes site plans of property owners planning to build a structure, alter the size of an existing structure, or subdivide property;
- Grants approvals and permits to build, excavate, hook into local sewer lines, cut trees, etc.
- Grants special use permits;
- Prepares land subdivision and other planning related regulations (e.g. zoning revisions) and recommends their adoption to the Village Board;
- Develops and updates the Village Comprehensive Plan which contains directives to guide development in the Village (subject to public hearing prior to approval by Village Board);
- Conducts local studies and gathers accurate data to assist the planning process;
- Has no legislative powers
- Consists of 5 members, each serving a 5-year term.