Welcome to Buchanan, NY
The lovely Village of Buchanan is situated in the northwestern corner of Westchester County on the eastern bank of the historic Hudson River. Located within the Town of Cortlandt, the village covers 1.4 square miles. Approximately 20 miles from White Plains, Buchanan is accessible via Routes 9 and 9A, and via Amtrak and Metro north railroads.
Rich in history and amenities, visitors and residents enjoy a thriving shopping district, parks, recreational facilities and more. A wonderful place to live and work, Buchanan is home to Entergy, which provides electricity to the entire region.
2016 Buchanan Day
We will celebrate Buchanan Day this Saturday!
- Date and Time: September 24, 11 A.M. to 4 P.M.
- Location: the Buchanan Pavilion
- Rain Date: Sunday, September 25
Activities All Day for All Ages!
- Jumpy Castle
- Mini Golf
- Train Rides
- Pumpkin Painting
- Face Painting
- Great Food!
- Pickles the Clown from noon to 3 P.M.
- D.J. from noon to 4 P.M.
- Pony Rides from noon to 3 P.M.
- Performances throughout the day by local dance and karate schools
- Local vendors and community groups with tables for you to enjoy!
Halloween Scarecrow Design Contest
You design, create and make it your own! Put it in your front yard. Cute, scary or something in between.
Judges wil be looking around the village from October 24 to October 26. Winner of the best design will be announced at the Annual Halloween Parade on Saturday, October 29, and will win a large pumpkin!
If you would like to ride along with Nancy and be a judge, please call her at (914) 293-8391 by October 17.
Halloween Parade & Party
- Date: Saturday, October 29
- Time: 11 A.M. Sharp!
- Parade Route: starting at the Pavilion and marching up to Village Hall
- Participation: 5th grade and under
- Movie: It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (25 minutes)
- Rain: Village Hall, 2nd Floor at 11 A.M. for movie and treats!
Leaf vac pickup will begin the week of October 17, 2016. The leaf vac will follow the garbage route. Please see the flyer for details and instructions.